Friday, September 24, 2010

Jaguar MKII PICS & Last Step Before Registration






So, I needed to get a VIN verification before I get the jaguar registered because it was purchased out of state. Now, for those of you who don't know, a VIN verification is where you pay a person who works for the state to walk about 100 feet and look at the VIN number on your car. But I digress....

After this totally worthwhile verification, thank you Colorado, I thought I would snap a pic or two when I got to work. But, I was rushed because the VIN verification was so thorough I was late. And then, after I snapped a dozen or so, I realized I had my D40 set on its lowest resolution. Best laid plans sometimes get buggered.

But, the upside is the car ran great this morning. Now that the temps in Denver are averaging in the 70s, not the 90s, the car believes it is back in the homeland and running very, very strongly.


2 comments:

longrooffan said...

Regardless of the resolution, that is one gorgeous Saloon. You are lucky to have it and glad it is running better. Enjoy it.

Chris Gibbon said...

I love the Colorado VIN verification process. I bought a 914 from Colorado. The Certificate of Title document listed the strangest VIN for a 914. Apparently, that state employee who walks the 100 yards to the car had opened the driver's door, noted the Kundharzlack number and my car now has a paint code as a VIN. New York State wasn't impressed.

Chris