Wednesday, March 10, 2010

944 SPEC Engine Build Starting Assembly





Dave sent me some shots of my cleaned and prepped block beginning assembly. The first step he is taking is trial fitting the main bearings, as you can see above.

After that, he will fit the crank. Truly, it is very straight forward from here.

Proust Moment - When I saw this picture this morning I realized I had never had a brand new motor in any of the 15 cars I have owned. Not once. I put a new cam and intake on my 440 Chrysler that my dad and I dropped into my first car, a 1969 Roadrunner clone. But that was not a down to the bare parts new motor. So, this is getting more and more exciting for me. Come to think of it, most of my cars have had over 100,000 miles on them. Some, over 200k. So, let me drift off thinking of the smell of assembly lube, touching the greaseless block. Proust had it right, certain things that we see can cause a domino effect of memories.


No comments: