Monday, March 10, 2014

Steel vs. Wire

I received a set of very rusty steel wheels with my MK2 when I bought it about 3 years ago.

Sitting as they were in my basement getting rustier, I decided to do something about it.

So, I had them sand blasted and powder coated. Good thing my Dad works for a sand blaster and powder coater. I went for a semi-gloss navy blue. Which matches the leather and carpets.

Now, for all the BaT fans out there if I ever sell my car they can chuck on the steel wheels. I love BaT but they harp on one style of execution for cars too much and always opting for steel wheels over wires is a bit boring. I actually like the wires on my car. The steel wheels make a standard MK2 look dowdy. If you are going with the Coombs look, steel wheels look cool.

Any way, judge for yourself.

No comments: