Today was designed to drive your classic car in Colorado. Sunny. High 70s. Just remarkable.
And it coincided with the monthly Cars & Coffee in Boulder/Lafayette. It is held at the Brewing Market in Lafayette. Which, by the way, brews a very nice Americano. But I would pass on the Breggo Sandwich, it is just an overpriced Hot Pocket. The scone however, was crumbly perfection.
The MKII ran very well. With my Wife upfront and Graham strapped into his Recaro in the back seat, we were all well cosseted on the forty minute drive from home. It was my first opportunity to use the overdrive on the car and it was great. Just like shifting into fifth, minus depressing the heavy clutch.
So, let me describe the pics in descending order from the top:
1. Yes, that is a 914 towing half a 914. I can't comment further.
2. Flared and checkered Fiat Abarth.
3. Late Carrera and early Countach, both with gold wheels.
4. Ferrari 330 motor. Achingly pretty.
5. My MKII next to one of the few cars in the world that could make it look ugly, a Ferrari Dino. Owned by the same gentleman for 30 years. Some people know when they have some good and don't let it go.
6. One of the rows. Alfa GTV looking prettier for parking next to a Z3.