Sunday, May 23, 2010

V8 influenced Wheels on the SC




As the son of a Hot Rodder, I was around a lot of classic Fords during my formative years. As such, I have a love of the Ford Engine Blue color. Just something about it. Just a bit softer than Gulf blue, more grayish.

It brings me back to the 1970 F250 I owned for a couple years as we restored our home. With a 390 V8 and only two wheel drive, it was the best vehicle I ever owned for laying strips. And under the hood was always pleasant to look at because of that blue color.

So, I painted my very tired Fuchs with it. I used the 500 degree engine paint, primer and clear. The 2000 degree stuff requires a heating period so it is not good for wheels. I have painted other wheels with this engine paint and it was durable.

1 comment:

Johnny Driftwood said...

Hi Mr. Gosselin,

I'm currently reading your novel, Hunt for 901, and I'm really enjoying it. I found your book on the "local authors" shelf at the Tattered Cover.

I'm currently a college student looking for some solid experience, and I consider myself quite good at proofreading.

I would consider it an incredible opportunity to either send you my marked up copy of Hunt for 901 so that you could publish a cleaner second edition, or to proofread the forthcoming sequel.

I'm not looking for money—I work for tips (and for getting some projects under my belt). Please let me know if you're interested.